October 17, 2013
Recap: It has been over two months since Greyhound lost two of my suitcases that were shipped from Boston to Los Angeles. I have yet to be reimbursed for the lost items. The Better Business Bureau has declared this claim as "unresolved" and advised me to contact an attorney. Do not use Greyhound Shipping. I'm continuously perplexed at their level of incompetence.
11:09AM
I phoned Greyhound's customer service call center to ask when my reimbursement check will be issued as it has been approximately 60 days since I submitted the reimbursement form. I spoke to Helen. She informed me that the Claims Department didn't received the fax until September 24, 2013 and that Greyhound has 30-60 days from that date to process the claim. I'm again amazed at this company's grotesque ineptitude. I explained to Helen that I hand delivered the form to Paul at the North Hollywood Station on August 18, 2013 and that Paul assured me that the form was faxed immediately. I further explained that Paul had to fax it again in September because the Claims Department misplaced or never received the first fax. Helen said that the Claims Department will use September 24th as the submission date. I insisted that Greyhound accept August 18, 2013 as the submission date since that is the date that I handed it to a Greyhound representative and that I should not be penalized for yet another one of Greyhound's mistakes. She told me to call Paul to confirm that date that it was faxed. She also said that customer's enter a date on the form and do not submit it on that day. Basically she called me a liar. I know that I dropped off the form on the same date that I completed it.
11:20AM (Approximate time)
I visited the Greyhound office in North Hollywood and spoke to Paul. He doesn't have a transmittal form that he can give me to verify the date that he faxed the form. He said that when he faxed it a second time, he wrote "Second Submission" on the fax cover sheet.
12:05PM
Again I phoned the customer service number and asked for a supervisor's name and phone number. The name and number I was given was Kimberly Buchner.
12:09PM
I phoned Kimberly Buchner nd left a detailed message on her voice mail. I'm awaiting her response.
No comments:
Post a Comment