WARNING: DO NOT GO GREYHOUND PACKAGE EXPRESS

“Good luck to you. I sent a package to my daughter in December and it got lost. They still haven’t reimbursed me and I work here.” Greyhound Employee, North Hollywood Station

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Response from Greyhound.


                                                                                                  
Greyhound Package Express
                                                                                                Package Express Claims
P.O. Box 132820
                                                                                                Dallas, TX 75313-2820

                                                                                                   E-fax: 214-889-5868

November 4, 2013

Theresa Bellone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boston, MA  02128

Ref: 293818                                                                             BUSBILL:  xxxxxxx

Dear Ms. Bellone:

This letter serves as acknowledgements of your claim for loss of luggage covered under bus bill 3070521674.

We have thoroughly investigated this matter with intent to establish delivery or locate the goods in question; results at this writing have been negative. Should the shipment be located at a later date, you will be contacted immediately.

The Maximum liability to Greyhound is $250.00 for all baggage checked per adult ticket and $125.00 per child’s ticket. Neither Greyhound nor other participating bus carrier are responsible for the loss of or damage to baggage in excess of the value allowances. Greyhound will only be responsible to the extent of the actual loss or damage sustained based on the actual baggage at the time and place of checking, and will NOT accept any liability for unchecked baggage.

However, we have enclosed releases in the amount of $250.00, in full settlement of your claim. On receipt of these documents signed and duly completed, our cheque will be mailed in payment as you direct.  Releases do not require notarization.  Please complete by signing and provide mailing address including zip code and a signature from a witness.

The processing of this claim will be delayed until we have received your written response. Failure to respond in writing to this request within thirty (30) days from the date of this letter may result in the denial of this claim and closure of the file.
       
We sincerely regret the occurrence of this incident and any inconvenience caused.

Yours truly,

                        GREYHOUND LINES, INC.
J. C. Veasey
Claims Examiner
E-fax: 214-481-8069
Enclosure

 


Package Express logo hor.jpg



                                                                                 Final Release
October 31, 2013                                                                                           FILE: 293734
                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
In CONSIDERATION of payment in the total sum of Two Hundred Fifty Dollars and 00/Cents ($250.00) to be paid by GREYHOUND LINES, INC. (Hereinafter referred to as the “Carrier”) Theresa Bellone for loss to an express shipment covered by express receipt 3070521674.                                       

I DECLARE that I fully understand the terms of this settlement, that the amount stated herein is the sole consideration for this Final Release, and that I accept the amount stated herein voluntarily in full and final satisfaction of any claims of any nature which I may have for damages or losses of any kind which were, or which may have been, caused or contributed to by the Carrier.

I AGREE to, and do hereby, release and forever discharge the Carrier, its employees, agents and assigns, from all legal and equitable responsibility for any and all actions, causes of action, claims debts, damages or demands resulting from or arising out of loss damage or delay which occurred.

I AGREE not to make any claim or to take, file or prosecute any legal proceedings of any kind against the Carrier or its employees, agents, assigns or any other person or corporation that may claim a right of contribution or indemnity from the Carrier under any statute or otherwise.  I further agree that any payment made by the Carrier to me pursuant to this Final Release does not constitute an admission of liability on the part of the Carrier, its employees, agents or assigns.

TO THE EXTENT that my claim includes a claim for damage to or loss of the property described as above, I hereby:

ASSIGN, transfer and set over all of my right, title and interest in the Property to the Carrier for its unconditional use;

ASSIGN, transfer and set over all claims, rights and choices in action of any nature which I now have (or which I may have) against any and all persons lawfully responsible, in whole or in part, for the damage to or loss of the Property; and

AGREE THAT, if some or all of the lost property listed above is subsequently found, I shall accept same in satisfaction of my claim(s) against the Carrier in the same manner as the payment referred to herein.  If all of the lost property is recovered, I will immediately refund the full amount paid to me by the Carrier pursuant to this Final Release.  If a portion of the lost property is recovered, I will refund that portion of the amount paid to me by the Carrier equal to the value of the recovered portion of the lost property.


Signed at ____________________________________this __________day o f________________________, 20________

In the presence of:
__________________________________                                            __________________________________________
(Witness Signature)                                                                            (Claimants Signature)

__________________________________                                            __________________________________________
(Print Witness Name)                                                                        (Street Address/P.O. Box)

                                                                                                                __________________________________________
                                                                                                                (City/Province)

                                                                                                                __________________________________________
                                                                                                                (Postal code)

No comments:

Post a Comment