WARNING: DO NOT GO GREYHOUND PACKAGE EXPRESS

“Good luck to you. I sent a package to my daughter in December and it got lost. They still haven’t reimbursed me and I work here.” Greyhound Employee, North Hollywood Station

Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16, 2014

I filed a complaint with the Massachusetts Secretary of State's Office. They forwarded my complaint to the City of Boston Consumer Affairs and Licensing Department. My case manager, Lori contacted Greyhound Shipping on my behalf. Greyhound argued that they cannot reimburse me beyond the $250.00 because I didn't buy insurance. Again, I don't recall seeing a sign or being told about insurance. As a professional courtesy Greyhound offered a $500 voucher for transportation or shipping. Seriously? You vile morons. As if I'd ever ship anything with Greyhound Shipping again.
Since I don't travel with Greyhound often and wouldn't use their shipping services I asked if they would consider a $300 cash payment. They agreed.
Of course I am second guessing my decision. They are getting away with reimbursing me only $300 for two suitcases filled with clothing and other items, but I don't have the energy to take them to small claims court so they win. I hope the next time this happens (and I'm quite certain that it will -see photos) the customer does have the time and patience to take them to court. The only thing I can do is to continue to warn others not to use Greyhound Shipping.
Greyhound North Hollywood. The shipped items are stored near an open door. The station manager is about 30 feet away behind a high counter. Basically the storage area is unattended.



No comments:

Post a Comment