WARNING: DO NOT GO GREYHOUND PACKAGE EXPRESS

“Good luck to you. I sent a package to my daughter in December and it got lost. They still haven’t reimbursed me and I work here.” Greyhound Employee, North Hollywood Station

Tuesday, September 24, 2013



Summary: Three bags were shipped from Boston to Los Angeles on 7/27/13. As of 8/26/13 two bags are missing. I have made every attempt to locate my luggage, including several phone calls, office visits and submitted two messages via Greyhound’s website. I have also submitted a form for a refund for the shipping cost and a Lost Items Form for reimbursement. No one from Greyhound has reached out to me to resolve this matter.
History:
7/27/13 - I shipped three suitcases from Boston, MA to North Hollywood, CA. I was told that the ETA was 4-7 days. I was given a tracking number so that I could track my items online.
7/31/13 - I visited Greyhound's website to track my items. Below is the information that was provided. This system has not been updated in almost one month. The information given today 8/26/13 is the exact information that was provided on 7/31/13.

Tracking Number
Shipment Status
1.
GLI3070521674



Shipment Number:  0013070521674
Reference Number:  N/A

Package Details:

Package Id:  A5838374A
Package Status:  In Transit

Tracking Event(s):
Event Date/Time:
(Stated in Eastern Time)
Location:
Message:




Loaded
7/30/2013 9:13 AM
6422/DALLAS,TX
Package A5838374A Loaded To 6422/DALLAS,TX; Route: 1409-2
Loaded
7/27/2013 3:12 PM
86176/BOSTON,MA
Package A5838374A Loaded To 86176/BOSTON,MA; Route: 2555-1
Package Id:  A5838375A
Package Status:  In Transit

Tracking Event(s):
Event Date/Time:
(Stated in Eastern Time)
Location:
Message:




Loaded
7/30/2013 9:14 AM
6422/DALLAS,TX
Package A5838375A Loaded To 6422/DALLAS,TX; Route: 1409-2
Loaded
7/27/2013 3:12 PM
86176/BOSTON,MA
Package A5838375A Loaded To 86176/BOSTON,MA; Route: 2555-1
Package Id:  A5838373A
Package Status:  In Transit

Tracking Event(s):
Event Date/Time:
(Stated in Eastern Time)
Location:
Message:




Loaded
7/27/2013 3:12 PM
86176/BOSTON,MA
Package A5838373A Loaded To 86176/BOSTON,MA; Route: 2555-1
Phone log of calls placed to Greyhound offices.
*There is a gap between the dates of 8/17/13 – 8/26/13 because I had visited the North Hollywood station and was advised to leave it alone for awhile and wait for someone
to contact me.
CALL #
DATE
TIME
PHONE
DESTINATION
MINUTES USED
Greyhound Office
CONVERSTION SUMMARY
1
08/01/13
3:54 PM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
9
Greyhound, Customer Service Headquarters
Location of items unknown
2
08/01/13
4:26 PM
818-761-5119
NO HOLLYWD,CA
3
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
I was told that my Items hadn't arrived and that the
pieces might have been separated while in transit and
 that they will phone me when all three pieces arrive.
I requested to be notified as soon as the first bag arrives and that I was willing to make several trips to the station to collect my bags. They said that bags are received throughout the day
and I could call back later.
3
08/01/13
5:44 PM
818-761-5119
NO HOLLYWD,CA
3
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items haven't arrived
4
08/01/13
7:22 PM
818-761-5119
NO HOLLYWD,CA
2
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items haven't arrived
5
08/02/13
12:29 PM
818-761-5119
NO HOLLYWD,CA
1
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
One bag arrived. They had no explanation for not
 phoning me if a bag arrived, per my previous request.
6
08/03/13
8:20 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound, Customer Service Headquarters
Location of items is unknown.
7
08/03/13
9:04 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound, Customer Service Headquarters
Location of items is unknown.
8
08/03/13
9:07 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound, Customer Service Headquarters
Location of items is unknown.
9
08/03/13
9:09 AM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
3
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location.
10
08/03/13
4:25 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
2
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location.
11
08/03/13
7:18 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
5
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location.
12
08/05/13
11:58 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
10
Greyhound, Customer Service Headquarters
Location of items is unknown.
13
08/05/13
7:18 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
1
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
No answer
14
08/06/13
1:46 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
1
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
No answer
15
08/07/13
11:23 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
12
Greyhound Customer Service
Location of items unknown. They will place a trace on
items and someone would email me within three days
 with a status report and I would receive via email a
form to request reimbursement. I did receive the form
 via email, but never received a status report.
16
08/07/13
5:29 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
2
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items haven't arrived
17
08/08/13
1:53 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
2
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location.
18
08/09/13
5:22 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
1
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location.
19
08/10/13
11:34 AM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
3
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location.
20
08/10/13
4:16 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
2
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location.
21
08/11/13
10:18 AM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
1
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location.
22
08/12/13
11:51 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound Customer Service
No answer
23
08/12/13
11:53 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound Customer Service
No answer
24
08/12/13
11:56 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
28
Greyhound Customer Service
Greyhound's new database is showing that the items
 were delivered to the downtown Los Angeles station
on Aug 1, 2013. I expressed disbelief that they could
have been sitting at that location for 11 days. She told
 me to phone the downtown Los Angeles station and to  tell them to look in the new computer system and that they should be able to track my bags.
25
08/12/13
12:26 PM
213-629-8420
LOSANGELES,CA
2
LOS ANGELES GREYHOUND STA
1716 E 7TH ST
Los Angeles, CA 90021
Employee doesn't know where the items are. He
remembered seeing several bags that were labeled for
 North Hollywood the day before and now they are no
 longer in the warehouse so they must have been
shipped out. However, the downtown station usually
don't ship to North Hollywood on Sundays because
the North Hollywood station closes early on Sundays. If they mistakenly shipped on a Sunday and no one was there to receive them the items would go to the next station. He told me to
 contact San Fernando and Palmdale stations.
26
08/12/13
2:46 PM
213-629-8420
LOSANGELES,CA
11
LOS ANGELES GREYHOUND STA
1716 E 7TH ST
Los Angeles, CA 90021
Items are not at this location.
27
08/12/13
3:59 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
5
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location. The bags might have
looped around and ended up back in downtown
Los Angeles.
28
08/12/13
4:05 PM
213-629-8420
LOSANGELES,CA
3
LOS ANGELES GREYHOUND STA
1716 E 7TH ST
Los Angeles, CA 90021
I phoned this location back to see what else could be
done. He said to submit a form to the main office for
a refund and that would prompt an investigation.
29
08/12/13
4:11 PM
818-898-3416
SNFN SNFN,CA
2
Greyhound, San Fernando, CA
Items are not at this location.
30
08/12/13
4:13 PM
661-947-9440
PLDL PLDL,CA
2
Greyhound, Palmdale, CA
Items are not at this location.
31
08/12/13
4:17 PM
661-947-9440
PLDL PLDL,CA
2
Greyhound, Palmdale, CA
Items are not at this location.
32
08/12/13
4:20 PM
213-629-8420
LOSANGELES,CA
4
LOS ANGELES GREYHOUND STA
1716 E 7TH ST
Los Angeles, CA 90021
Followed up on previous phone calls to this office to
confirm that procedure for shipping to the
 North Hollywood location as the last conversation
 didn't make sense. Do they ship to North Hollywood
 on Sundays or not? I'm still not sure. I don't think that
 the employee is either.
33
08/14/13
11:09 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
17
Greyhound Customer Service
Location of items is unknown.
34
08/16/13
1:49 PM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound Customer Service
Location of items is unknown.
35
08/16/13
5:41 PM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
5
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
Items are not at this location.
36
08/17/13
7:51 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound Customer Service
Location of items is unknown.
37
08/17/13
8:21 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound Customer Service
Location of items is unknown.
38
08/17/13
8:26 AM
213-629-8420
LOSANGELES,CA
1
LOS ANGELES GREYHOUND STA
1716 E 7TH ST
Los Angeles, CA 90021
No answer
39
08/17/13
8:45 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound Customer Service
Location of items is unknown.
40
08/17/13
8:45 AM
213-629-8420
LOSANGELES,CA
12
LOS ANGELES GREYHOUND STA
1716 E 7TH ST
Los Angeles, CA 90021
Items are not at this location.
41
08/17/13
8:59 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound Customer Service
Location of items is unknown.
42
08/17/13
10:39 AM
800-739-5020
Toll Free Call,
1
Greyhound Customer Service
No answer
43
08/17/13
10:55 AM
818-505-1603
NO HOLLYWD,CA
2
LOS ANGELES GREYHOUND STA
1716 E 7TH ST
Los Angeles, CA 90021
Items are not at this location.
44
08/26/13
11:58 AM
800-739-5020

Toll Free Call

Greyhound Customer servie
They never received either form that I sent it. The
 request for a refund for shipping cost was mailed on
 8/16 and the "Lost Items-Request for Reimbursement
" form was dropped off to Paul at the North Hollywood
 station on 8/19/13. I expressed my frustration and
the woman hung up on me. I expressed my level of
frustration and the call was disconnected. .She had my tracking number so if this
 was an accident she could have phoned me back.

45
08/26/13
12:19PM
800-739-5020

15
N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD North Hollywood, CA 91601
I asked Paul if he submitted the
 "Lost Items Reimbursement" form. He said that he
 had and that he didn’t expect that it would be
processed yet. He also asked about the description of
the suitcases. He wanted to confirm that I described
 them properly and said that he would update the
description in the database.




46.     9/3/13            9:10AM                              800-739-5020               Toll Free Call                   Greyhound Customer Service                                                        
After waiting over 20 minutes for an agent to answer call, I was told that they didn’t receive forms and that I only needed to submit one form for both the reimbursement for the shipping cost and the lost items. This contradicts the earlier advice received from the agent at the North Hollywood station who told me to submit a form for reimbursement of shipping cost once the suitcases were seven days late and then to submit a separate form for reimbursement of lost items once it was apparent that my luggage was lost. She asked if I made a copy of the form which I did not. The agent suggested that I phone Paul at the North Hollywood station to confirm that he submitted the form to the correct office
47.       9/3/13     9:39AM                            818-505-1603                                                      N HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA 11239 MAGNOLIA BLVD  
North Hollywood, CA 91601       
Paul confirmed that he submitted the form to Greyhound Express. He has a copy of the original and agreed to make me one as well.

48.      9/11/13           4:45PM                         800-739-5020                                                        Greyhound Customer Service
Call was answered by Tanya. I immediately asked to speak to a manager. She said that since it was after 6PM no managers were available. I asked for the status of both my claims. She said that the refund for shipping costs was processed on August 26, 2013 and that my check will be mailed to my home. She did not know the status of my reimbursement for lost items and explained that Greyhound has up to 60 days to process that claim.
*As of 9/18/13 this  paperwork has not been delivered to my home address.


49.        9/18/13                                             800-739-5020                                     Greyhound Customer Service. I spoke to James and asked if my reimbursement is being processed. He said that he didn’t see my paperwork and that Greyhound is two weeks behind processing reimbursements. Clearly, they have a problem with losing luggage if they cannot keep up with reimbursement processing. James agreed to contact Paul at the North Hollywood Station if my paperwork is not found. He will work with Paul to get paperwork faxed to him so that my claim can be processed. James took my number and offered to phone me with his progress. James is the first Greyhound employee who has been helpful and professional.

50.        9/24/13                                            On 9/21/13 Greyhound responded to my email dated 8/26/13. They apologized for the inconvenience and stated that they would search the database for a status update. I haven’t heard back thus far and emailed them requesting a status update.

51.      9/24/13                                                800-739-5020                                James never phoned me with a status.. I phoned the customer service department for a status and spoke to Becky. She said that the paperwork for the reimbursement was never received and asked me to fax it to her. I told her that I do not have access to a fax machine at the moment. I asked her to contact Paul at the North Hollywood station as he claimed that he faxed the paperwork to the refund processing department over a month ago. Becky stated that she would call Paul and would notify me of the status. She confirmed my cell phone number. I await her call.


                                                                                                                                               
I would like to note that the reason I phoned Greyhound so many times is because when I went to the North Hollywood station to inquire about my bags, I noticed that the Greyhound Express packages were stored in the lobby of the station, unguarded. They were not secured in any way-no rope, gate or person to separate them from the general public. The package holding area ended just two feet away from the front door which is at least twenty feet from the station manager’s desk. On the day that I went to the North Hollywood station to pick up the one bag that arrived, I found my suitcase in the lobby halfway between the station manager’s desk and the front door. The station manager was busy assisting a customer and he could not see what was going on in the lobby. I wheeled my suitcase to the desk to notify someone that I was taking it. I could have easily walked it out the front door without being noticed. This was a red flag.
 During my next trip to the North Hollywood station a female employee assisted me. Her response to my inquiry was “Good luck to you. I sent a package to my daughter in December and it got lost. They still haven’t reimbursed me and I work here.” Her comment caused me great concern. Not only were my bags lost, now I was worried that I would not be reimbursed. Her warning proved to be justified.
I would also like to share a couple of incidents that I witnessed during one of the trips to the North Hollywood station that had nothing to do with me, but I feel represent Greyhound’s customer service skills. A passenger was berated by the bus driver because she wanted to board his bus even though she had a ticket for a later departure time; she had been told by the station manager that her ticket would be accepted. If the bus driver couldn’t accommodate her, that’s fine. However, there was no need to snap at her in front of a dozen other people. I wondered why she couldn’t board the bus. Was the trip sold out? He never gave an explanation. From my point of view there seemed to be plenty of open seats on the bus.
On a different date at that same location, a passenger stepped off the bus to use the restroom. When he emerged from the bathroom minutes later, he found that the bus which was heading to downtown Los Angeles had left without him. A second bus heading to downtown Los Angeles was parked outside of the station. When the passenger told the bus driver of the second bus what had happened and asked if he could board the bus, the driver said, “Nope, you’re not getting on my bus.” The passenger explained that he needed to get downtown because his bags were on the bus that had just left. Again, the driver said, “You’re not getting on my bus.” This behavior is unacceptable and what was further infuriating is that the station manager who witnessed this exchange did nothing to help this man. I understand that the passenger should have checked with the first bus driver to make sure that he would have enough time to use the bathroom, but for the second bus driver to refuse this man a seat on the bus is ludicrous.
I am truly amazed that Greyhound manages to stay in business; it’s clearly their monopoly in the market that keeps them afloat. Their service is shoddy and their customer service skills are atrocious.

No comments:

Post a Comment